Bass Fishing on Golden Gate Canal in Naples - 8 Hours
Whether you want to catch the elusive and exotic peacock bass or a largemouth bass, this 8-hour Naples bass fishing trip can provide it all. Take a cruise down the urban canals of Naples to experience nature and wild Southwest Florida is a unique way.
Pricing is per-group based on group size, 1 to 4 persons. Fishing licenses (not included) are required for ages 16-65.
For all our Naples fishing options, please click this link:
Rates - including tax
(Full Day, One or Two Anglers, Total for 1 or 2 Persons Only):
(Full Day, Three Anglers, Total for 3 Persons Only):
(Full Day, Four Anglers, Total for 4 Persons Only):
Tour / Activity Details
Please Note: Time shown on Availability Calendar is for booking purposes only. The actual departure time may vary depending on the time of sunrise on the day of your reservation; actual departure time will be included with your E-ticket.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour does not include hotel pick-up; departure will be from a convenient location to be specified on your E-Ticket. There is no child discount for this tour. Please order online or call 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocol Update
There are currently no government-mandated Covid-19 restrictions in Naples and Collier County, Florida. However, individual businesses are allowed to require that facial coverings be worn in order to gain access to those businesses.
This eight hour "full day" trip is a good one for experienced anglers. A full day allows for changing fishing locations and equipment to maximize your catching opportunities, as well as fishing for different species.
IMPORTANT - FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED
- If you are between the ages of 16 and 65, the State of Florida requires that you have a freshwater fishing license. Children under 16 and Seniors over 65 are not required to have one.
- In Florida, licenses can be purchased at Bass Pro Shops, Wal-Mart or many local tackle shops. You also may order a license on the internet - just search "Florida fishing license."
- A 3-day non-resident Fishing License is currently $17.00 plus tax. If you might want to do fishing for longer than a few days, one valid for the entire year is currently $34.00 plus tax. For Florida residents, an annual fishing license is required at a current cost of $17.00 plus tax. (Costs of fishing licenses are subject to change.)
- Outstanding professional guide
- Fishing boat and fuel
- All Fishing Gear - spinning rods, baitcasting rods, left or right-handed rods, braid and mono line (or you can bring your own)
- Cooler, Ice and Bottled Water
- Photos taken by your guide and spread on social media
- Fishing Licenses
- Hotel pick-up
- Food and additional beverages are permitted but not included (alcoholic beverages are permitted)
- Some optional live bait may require an additional fee and will be purchased the day of the tour
- Guide Gratuity (optional, but greatly appreciated)
Amenities & Equipment Basics
- Boats are 20+ feet, US Coast Guard certified and with a capacity of 4 guests
- Life jackets, fuel, all fishing equipment and some live bait mayh be provided
- Boats have fishing chairs, GPS and Fishfinder
- Catch-and-release is allowed but keeping some fish is allowed within state laws (ask your captain/guide about which species)
What to Bring/Wear
- Any required medications
- Comfortable shoes - deck shoes, tennis shoes or sandals are the most comfortable footwear
- Light colored shirt and during cooler months you should dress in layers
- Rain gear
- Polarized fishing glasses are preferred, but regular sunglasses are fine
- Don't Forget Your Fishing License(s)!
- Light tackle
- Heavy tackle
- Live bait
- Artificial lures
- Fly fishing (fly rods provided only on request, so if you want to use a fly rod provided by the guide, please specifically note that when ordering)
Golden Gate Canal System Fishing
This part of the state has year-round fishing for peacock bass, largemouth bass and panfish. The Golden Gate has a variety of species to keep anglers excited and pleased. Catfish, mudfish, and several species of gar are also ordinary freshwater residents.
In addition to the already mentioned species, you can catch freshwater snook and tarpon at times. Most of the bigger largemouth bass are taken during the colder months when the fish are more actively feeding and at their peak bedding time. The peacock bass anglers have the best success when the water is warmer.
The common statewide panfish patterns are the same in the Golden Gate; bluegills and Redear sunfish will almost always bite an earthworms, cricket or small minnows year-round.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people can there be on this fishing trip? -- The preferred and most comfortable is 1 or 2 persons, although 3 or 4 people per boat are often taken. 4 is the maximum. The limits are set by the US Coast Guard.
Can I bring my kids? -- Absolutely, freshwater fishing is perfect for kids. The action is consistent, the fish are plentiful. There are alligators, birds, snakes and other native species that can be seen. Restroom facilities are usually close by most fishing areas. The guides have no problem taking restroom breaks when needed and enjoy working with children and instructing them on various fishing techniques, so all family members are welcome. Children of all ages are welcome but they are considered part of the group size - so, for example, one adult and one child of any age would constitute a private tour of 2 persons. Please keep in mind that a full day trip can be quite tiring for inexperienced young children.
Do I need any fishing experience? -- No, your guides have all the experience that is needed. They love teaching others about the sport and coaching you through it all. People may have never fished a day in their lives, but leave with a new understanding and an unforgettable experience.
What about the weather? -- In the summer it is hot and it can rain almost any day, but mostly in the afternoon. Be prepared. Put sunscreen on before the boat departs and bring rain gear if you have it. If not, the guides usually do. Watch the weather and be assured it is cooler on the water than land.
Is it rough out there? Will I get sea sick? -- No, you will never have to worry about sea sickness on this trip.
Does the guide fish? -- No, unless you specifically request it. Their job is to put you on the fish and give you the information you need to hook, fight and land your trophy fish. They've have done these thousands of times and know were the fish are, so there's no need for them to "test fish to locate them" on YOUR time!
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour does not include hotel pick-up; departure will be from Golden Gate Community Park in Naples with directions from Naples and Fort Myers to be specified on your E-Ticket. Private tour pricing is per-group for the specified number of persons, in US dollars. Please order online or call us at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.